Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Little Boxes


 
Part of my job is to cover the switchboard operator on her breaks, which amounts to about 45 minutes of the day. My coworker's computer is a dinosaur (let's face it, so are most of the computers in the office), so playing on the interwebs isn't worth it. Sometimes I bring work with me, but lately things have been pretty slow, so I'm not going to lie, mostly I doodle. And lately, I make boxes.


There's a great little tutorial here, for making gift boxes out of starched fabric, but since office supplies were in abundance, paper it is.


The creases in the paper are useful as guides for decorating (pens and highlighters mostly). Where I used lined notepaper, I followed that too.


For a while I had a bit of a Russian doll thing going, with boxes inside boxes inside boxes. It was interesting to figure out exactly how much smaller the next square of paper needed to be to fit snugly in.


Who knew that folding paper would be so addictive? I guess it helps that they're teeny tiny (that smallest one above fits on the end of your pinky), and I do love everything miniature.


No idea what I'll use these for, but for now I continue to make a box or two every morning at 10:30, and every afternoon at 3:30.


I promise I'm very productive at all other times of the day...


Well, except maybe when Pinterest starts calling my name.

No comments: